The original KernelEx project has been abandoned by its original creator, but thanks to jumper, KernelEx is now being updated once again! Jumper has improved over 50 API's through the years and will continue to include more to come! Compatibility is better than ever thanks to jumper, K-Meleon 74 (Goanna 2.2) runs wonderfully on Windows 9x! Youtube once again works on 9x without extra plugins required! Now, if I could just figure out how to install U-Block for K-Meleon, this browser would be perfect! ;)
Windows 98 or ME
KernelEx 4.5.2 installed
1) Unzip files to desktop into a folder called "KernelEx"
2) Go to the start menu and click the shutdown button to enter DOS
3) Type "copy C:\windows\desktop\kernelex c:\windows\kernelex"
4) Hit enter and wait for file transfers
5) Type "Exit" to leave dos (type "win" if you are using Windows Me Real-DOS instead of DosFix)
If Windows 98SE/ME cannot boot to DOS by the start menu:
1) Finish above steps up to step 3
2) Hold F8 before Windows 98/ME boots and hold it until safe mode is booted
3) Select the option the command prompt option then continue from step 3, from above
Installing 4.5.2018 may cause folder corruption! This causes folder icons to disappear! Luckily, this glitch is only a change in settings, therefore can be reversed through folder view settings!
|Installing KernelEx 4.5.2016.17 updates on Windows 98|
|New API not available in vanilla KernelEx ;)|